Re: command-line usage - bus error (was: Re: lily2image)

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: command-line usage - bus error (was: Re: lily2image)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:34:22 -0500

pngtopnm tie.png > tie.pnm
pnmcrop -white tie.pnm > tie-cropped.pnm
ppmtopng tie-cropped.pnm
/Users/PLS/bin/lily2image: line 626: ppmtopng: command not found
ppmtopng failed converting to final output - lily2image aborting.

Isn't ppmtopng part of netpbm (I have netpbm version 10.26.61)? I didn't find ppmtopng on my machine. What do I have to do about the warning? (I can run lily2image with -f=jpeg)

At this point it should try to call pnmtopng, not ppmtopng. The script checks to see which outformat command to use based on the return status of "which ppmto$outformat". If it returns 1 (which it should in this case), it runs instead pnmto$outformat. (in this case pnmtopng). I'm not sure why that part of the script isn't working on your machine.

Jon