Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond (from NtEd developer)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:08:42 -0400

    >> NtEd has such a "--key=..." option implicitely!

    >> I can't see any problem here.

    Martin> Yes, NtEd does a pretty good job.

I didn't find that with my sample -- it was the only one of the
programs that didn't split the voices out correctly.  There should be
5 separate voices, and nted created only 3. The version I saved hadn't
spelled the flats right, either, but I think I might have fixed that
later.

    Martin> It's just that I'm a commandline fan and want to try to
    Martin> debug and improve midi2ly anyway.

I agree.  It would be nice to be able to run all 65 Holborne _Pavans,
Galliards, Almains and other short Aeirs,_ in one fell
swoop. <http://icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Holborne.php>

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

You can't lead if no one will follow.  People throw up their hands,
then sit on them.  They just want to get on with their lives.  The
leaders keep saying, "We need strong leadership," then they sneak off
to peek at their poll ratings.

Margaret Attwood