Re: Problem with staffs and lyrics

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Problem with staffs and lyrics
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:08:31 +0200

2009/9/30 Jorge Pena <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm converting a repository of music in abc format to lilypond (from my
> local
> church choir here in Portugal) and I'm liking lilypond very much.
>
> But I have still some problems even after reading carefully the docs. I have
> this music piece outputed by abcm2ps
> (http://coro.paroquiabaixadabanheira.org/reportorio/santo/santo.leonel.claro.pdf)
>
> With lilypond I am unable to put the lyrics below the bottom staff. Also I
> get a
> strange spacing after the double bar in the second line. Below is my
> lilypond
> code and I would appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong
> or
> how to achieve the intended results.

I often use this approach, replace your score block with

\score {

\new ChoirStaff <<
    \new ChordNames { \harmoniesA \harmoniesB \harmoniesC }
    \new Staff
      {
           <<    \new Voice = "partA" { \melodyA  }
               \new Voice = "partAI" { \melodyAI }
               \new Voice = "partAII" { \melodyAII } >> \break
    \new Voice = "partBI" { \melodyBI \break}
    \new Voice = "partC" { \melodyC }
  }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "partA" \lyricsAI
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "partAI" \lyricsAII
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "partAII" \lyricsAIII
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "partBI" \lyricsBI
    \new Staff { \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
                 s1*12 \new Voice = "partBII" { \melodyBII } }
    \new Lyrics    \lyricsto "partBII" \lyricsBII
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "partC" \lyricsC

\layout {  \context {
                        \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
  \midi { }