Re: Midi-output not generated

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Midi-output not generated
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:58:49 +0100

Paul

I haven't made extensive tests, but it seems the << {..} \\ {...} >> construct is incompatible with midi (drum?) output. If you rearrange your score to use explicitly defined DrumVoice contexts it should work. Something like this:

musicOne = \drummode {
 \repeat unfold 8 { cymr8 }
}
musicTwo = \drummode {
 bd8 bd8 bd4 bd8 bd8 bd4
}

\score {
 \new DrumStaff <<
   \new DrumVoice {
     \voiceOne
     \musicOne
   }
   \new DrumVoice {
     \voiceTwo
     \musicTwo
   }

 \layout { }
 \midi { }
}

I'll add this limitation to the Notation Reference after I've checked further (or if someone else confirms it before I find the time to check it).

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Rijke" <address@hidden>