Need help creating a template

From: Glendan Lawler
Subject: Need help creating a template
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:57:27 -0700

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me create a template similar to the makam template for Turkish music, but instead for Byzantine music.  I can make a guess from looking at the makam.ly how it works, but there are a few parts I don't understand.   First, in this code:

makamPitchNames = #`(
  (c . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 NATURAL))

What does the -1 and the 0 mean?  In think the 0 is the scale degree, not sure, but I have no idea what the -1 does.  Also, when you define things like NATURAL, and KOMA using the fractions at the beginning, does that also affect the pitch for midi output?
Second:

  (bbm . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 6 BUYUKMUCENNEB))

  ;; f for flat.
  (cfc . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 (- KOMA)))

What is the ;; f for flat do?  Does that mean that cf = c-flat?  is that some kind of option?  If I change the "f" to an "x", will that make cx = c-flat?  And lastly (I hope) :

#(define eksikMirroredSlashedFlat
  (if (defined? 'eksikMirroredSlashedFlat)
       eksikMirroredSlashedFlat #f))

What is this for and what does it do?  It seems like the following code maps the values to the corresponding font characters, but then there's this little bit of code out front, and I don't know what to make of it...

Thanks a lot!
Glendan