Re: indent-ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: indent-ly
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:49:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Graham Percival wrote:

- it would be nice to have an option to replace the file directly instead of
having to copy/paste the resulting file

Done in latest version. Use -m (--modify)
Be careful: This version overwrites the original file without making a backup ( )first. Maybe I should add that in the next version.

- scheme code is not handled (or indented uniformly)

Yes, scheme code should be formatted in the scheme way.
I know very very little about scheme. Some example lilypond files with much scheme code might help.

- if within brackets there are tabs after the code and before the
end-bracket they are replaced by a bunch of blanks

Hmm, I'm not certain how often this would come into play.
I use tabs sometimes for indenting lines, but I haven't seen anyone using tabs in the middle of a line of lilypond code

- in my programming style i prefer to have the endbracket aligned with the
code above - maybe with an additional option this could be solved!?

I'd argue against this -- the point of a unified style /
indentation scheme is that it's *standard*.
I don't think we should have many options at all.
I agree
One more item to consider: whitespace at the ends of lines should
be stripped.

I thought I already did that ? I'll look in to it.

Martin Tarenskeen