Re: do you care about bug reports?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: do you care about bug reports?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:16:30 -0400

Hi Jonathan,

     Here's a bug I submitted about a month ago.  I don't currently
see it in the bug tracker.

I'm not sure this should be considered a "bug": scanning through my library, it appears that scaling (and *not* vertical stretching, as you desire) is the standard/traditional practice, e.g., the attached PNG ("Jupiter" from Holst's "The Planets"):

PNG image

That being said, it might be a nice feature [request] that there be a switch to choose one or the other method, with scaling [current] being the default.