Re: centering rests

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering rests
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:28:50 -0400

Hi Erik,
when I want to use r2 at the start (or R2) of the bar it looks awfull. So how do I align these rests centered?

If you mean that you want the (e.g.) half-note rest to be mid-way through the first half of the measure, rather than left-aligned at the first beat, then... you don't/shouldn't.

In standard music engraving practice, the full-measure rest is the *only* one that is centered in its [horizontal] duration-space — all other rests are placed at the position where they first happen in the flow of time, just like their sounding-note equivalent(s).

Hope this helps!
Kieren.