Re: setting the beatlength for sixteenth-sixtuplets

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: setting the beatlength for sixteenth-sixtuplets
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 02:33:06 -0700

Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear Paul,
I would like to have the Sixtheenth-Triplets beamed in groups of three, altough when there is a 2/2 bar, e.g..

Ah!

I haven't taken the time to understand auto beaming rules yet. I usually just manually beam some of the notes and the rest seem to follow along:

\set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
\times 2/3 { a16 b a b[ a b] a b a b[ a b] }

Maybe now would be a good time for me to learn this.

Are you saying there isn't an auto-beaming solution for you?

Paul