Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:24:15 -0600

On Nov 11, 2009, at 11:29 AM, David Kastrup wrote:

For me, this situation is awkward, impeding and dissatisfactory.  For
others, it is reason to go away.  I don't see that anything is gained
for chastising me for my impression.  That is merely shooting the
messenger.  Actually, more than the messenger.

This sort of thing is very common in open source projects IME, basically "if you can't supply the solution, then you don't have a right to complain about it." I see less of this attitude on the LilyPond user list, at least, than in most other open source projects I've dealt with (e.g., some of the Emacs Gnus folks can be right ***holes). There's usually just one or two who spout a 'tude like this here and even that's pretty infrequent.