Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:11:40 +0100

Op donderdag 12-11-2009 om 08:41 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef David
Kastrup:
> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> _Addressing_ the actual problems is definitely more suitably done on the
> developer list.

So what are the actual problems?  Is LilyPond really too difficult?
Do we rely too much on crufty input-language solutions?  How many
ritardando-like hacks do we have for common problems?  Are they
listed/categorised somewhere?

Maybe it's just that we are not tempting enough to be used.
I cannot imagine that OP would have stopped with a frustating
message to sibelius-user after having paid $$$$ for the program?
That would me he basically threw away that money.  Quitting with
LilyPond seems to cost him nothing.  He only gets uglier scores
and does not care about the end result, maintainability, shareability,
or the social impact/implications of spending money on proprietary
software as opposed to devising and documenting solutions for
a free software?

How about a frogs project to make our image sexier?

Greetings,
Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org