Re: No string for pitch #<Pitch

From: Jesús Guillermo Andrade
Subject: Re: No string for pitch #<Pitch
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:52:15 -0430

Carl: This is a minimal example. I've been trying to write a complete implementation of the instrument in lilypond. In fact, my other post regarding the inclusion of ps figures inside the pdf output is directly related to this work. Getting back to our thread, the warning shows even with one predefined chord. But the output is still correct. So, what can be the problem causing the warning? Would these frets transpose easily? Do I have to break down each chord into its components?

\version "2.13.8"
melody = \relative c' {
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-size = #-2
  \time 3/4
  \clef treble
  \key a \major
  r4 e8 fis\( \times 2/3 {fis\)gis a} %1
  \bar "||"
  gis4 r8 e8 fis gis16 a %2
  }
%%% CHORDS!
cuatrotuning = #'(11 18 14 9)
%%  C chords
\storePredefinedDiagram \chordmode {e:7}
                        #cuatrotuning
                        #"2-2;o;2-2;o;"
harmonies = \chordmode {
  e2.:7 %a2.:maj7 c2.:dim   a2.:maj7 cis2.:min7
}

\score {
  <<
  \new ChordNames {
          \override ChordName #'font-size = #-1
          \set chordChanges = ##t
          \harmonies
        }
  \new FretBoards {
      \set stringTunings = #cuatrotuning
      \override FretBoard
        #'(fret-diagram-details string-count) = #'4
      \override FretBoard
        #'(fret-diagram-details finger-code) = #'in-dot
      \harmonies
        }
  \new Voice = "melodia" { \melody }

}

I really hope this can help to shed some light into the problem.

Thanks!

Guillermo