Re: problem with changePitch,

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: problem with changePitch,
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 02:19:13 +0100

Gilles THIBAULT wrote:
I have made a little help in pdf format for \changePitch .
I have also finished some little features that i absolutly wanted with this function, so the last "changePitch.ly" file is also joined.

Gilles,

this is just great. I barely had a glance at your documentation, even less at the code, but alone seeing the idea of the \insert functionality is wonderful.

In exchange, I just did the finishing touches on the following two snippets: :-)
  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=650
  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=651

@ Carl, Valentin:
I don't know whom to inquiry with this, but I think the first of those two (split staff indication) could be worth mentioning in the snippet list of the Notation Reference as well, belonging to "Staff notation" and/or "Vocal music". This kind of indication is quite often found in condensed vocal scores, when polyphony gets too dominant to combine two voices on a single staff as before.

Of course, Gilles' contribution is a real time saver, and could be quoted there as well. If you already want Nicolas' \x#n there, what about even this!

Cheers,
Alexander