Re: No Work!

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: No Work!
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:12:11 +0000

Robert,

You don't give much information that I can think of that is causing the problem here, the welcome file should compile with no additional steps other than you must save the file and it has a valid name.

Can I ask you if you have not done this, but to copy the lilypond.app to the desktop and then save the welcome message to the desktop. Make sure that the file has a *.ly when you save it and then try rto compile.

This just puts the file and the application in the same 'folder' (the desktop). Normally it should not matter but this will at least tell us if the issue is in the path.

Also, do you get ANY information the Log file - again if you cut and past it here it may give us more clues.

As a side note.

Also, if you use Apple's own text editor for new files you must convert to plain text first and make sure you save with a .ly ending, the default for text editor is rtf or txt (I cannot remember) and it will always try to put a .txt at the end but give you the choice.

If you still have problems with the welcome file you can simply open a new text file, type

{ a b c d e }

convert it to plain text (it is in one of the menu options for text editor) save it as a test.ly, then from the lilypond menus open this file and try to compile it.

James