Re: off-topic somewhat: installing jedit/lilypondtool with no internet c

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: off-topic somewhat: installing jedit/lilypondtool with no internet connection?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:54:29 +0000

It is possible, it just depends on how adept you are and what you want really want out of your OS.

For example I have used Damn Small Linux, booting from a USB stick then download the applications from with then RAM disk image this loads (including Lilypond and a PDf viewer etc) and then make the settings persistent so the next time you boot it keeps all the files.

see:

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/Persistence

and this worked well. It's just that DSL has minimal GUI and pretty much everything is CLI - at least when I used it.

I haven't tried this for the 2.12 version but 2.10 worked like a charm.

But you don't need an internet connection anyway to run lilypond, so why not just copy files FROM a computer that does using (oh I don't know, CD/DVD?) and then you're all set.

All you need are the exe files surely and install them? Unless I am really missing something here.