Re: Additional notes or ossia

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Additional notes or ossia
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:20:22 +0100

On 02.01.2010, at 17:16, Helge Kruse wrote:

Am 29.12.2009 20:04, schrieb James Bailey:
I thought I could help, but apparently my scheme-fu isn't good enough
for this. I first thought I could beat \Balloon_engraver into doing what you need, but there's scant information on it, and I don't know how to
change the size of the box it creates.

Then I thought I could just use markup and extra-offset to move the box
where it needed to be, but again, I lack the understanding of how
extra-offset works to be able to use it.

Perhaps, however, with those two suggestion you, or someone else may be
able to get the results you need.

thanks for reply. I am unexperienced with scheme functions. But I'm curious too. Could you send me your function allowing me to see, how it could be done?

I think you've misunderstood me. I don't know how to get the results you want. I spent maybe 5 minutes total with \Balloon_engraver and trying to use #'extra-offset to move a markup box around the note, but I failed at both. To be fair, I've never used either, and I'm fairly confident that markup with #'extra-offset could get the result that you need.

That is to say, I have no functioning solution to your problem, and I only mentioned this in the hope that it would give you, or someone else, a starting point.