Re: Titles and "localtitle"

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Titles and "localtitle"
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:41:13 -0000

Hi Ralph

This is working as designed.  It's explained towards the bottom of
section 3.2.1 in the Notation Reference.  By default only the piece
and opus are printed when \header is included in the \score block.
Setting print-all-headers true in a paper block is what you're
looking for.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Palmer" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 10:35 PM
Subject: Titles and "localtitle"

Sorry about that - hit a wrong combination of keys.

Greetings and Happy New Year!

I'm running LilyPond 2.12.2 under Ubuntu 9.10. I'm transposing a bunch of violin etudes to make them viola etudes, and I've hit a snag. I'm making
each etude a separate score. I've been using
\score {
{
   \music
}
\header {
   opus = "Name"
successfully with "music" held in another file included in the score file. When I came across some solos with titles, I tried including title, subtitle, and composer in the \header inside the \score block, but the title, subtitle, and composer didn't print. When I put the \header block immediately before the \score block, the headers printed at the beginning of
the whole file. I'm not using an explicit \book block.

I took a look at the Learning Manual and at the Snippets List, and it looks like it was intended that "localtitle" and such were intended to work (and opus does work), but "localtiltle", "localcomposer", and "localpoet" don't print in the Snippets List either. Is this a known bug? Is there a known
work-around?

Here's my Test.ly file:

%%%%  Begin Snippet %%%%

\version "2.12.2"