Ambitus

From: northofscotland
Subject: Ambitus
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:22:35 -0800 (PST)

I often use the ambitus when setting recorder parts, since it makes it
quicker and easier to see which instrument it might be most suitable for.

The default in Lilypond is fine, but I quite like the arrangement where the
top ambitus note is offset from the bottom and the two note heads connected
with a diagonal line.

I have been playing around with various overides trying to achieve this and
I can rotate the ambitus line OK -

\override Staff.AmbitusLine #'rotation =#'(-25 0 0)

However, when I try to move one notehead relative to the other they seem to
form just a single unit and they both move together.  Is there a way of
moving these separately to achieve the desired effect?

Thanks