[lilypond-book] link to midi files, automagically

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: [lilypond-book] link to midi files, automagically
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:17:19 +0100

I'm trying to help a guy in a forum.
He would like to be able to click on a music fragment and listen to the
midi file.

So far I've been able to create just a text link to midi "ex post", i.e.
after running lilypond-book and seeing where the file is and which
weird name it has.
I use the hyperref package and something like this:
\href{run:path/to/file.midi}{listen to the music!}

If the book has few fragments this workflow is feasible.
But if you have a hunderd of fragments, it becomes an hassle.

So there's any way to track these midi files easier?

Second, and less important, question.
I'd like the music fragment itself to be clickable (instead of a text).
How can I achieve that?

Thanks for your help!

Federico
--