Re: Lilypond vs Score

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:32:12 -0500

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 2/1/10 3:08 PM, "David Bobroff" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 2/1/2010 9:57 PM, Bobber wrote:
>>>
>>> Is anyone familiar with Score and what makes it superior?
>>>

>> to use Finale, but haven't in several years) and he is also probably
>> correct when he says that most major publishing houses use Score.  Then
>> again, most large businesses use Windows, too.....
>>

>SCORE is currently available for Windows systems that can run DOS (so it may
>not work under Windows 7 -- I don't know one way or another).

If it can't run in the command console of Win7 or Vista, you could set
up a virtual machine and run DOS on that. Or you could use Dosbox
(www.dosbox.com). Dosbox is primarily aimed at allowing newer OSs to
run older games, but it should work here. I've heard many good things
about it.

HOWEVER - the Score website says that their newest version is called
WinScore 5.00. That sounds like it's engineered for Windows, not DOS.

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden