Re: silent crash on large score - how to debug?

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: silent crash on large score - how to debug?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:16:19 +0000

I am running this for you on my Win7 machine. I have about 1GB 'spare' (2GB internal but it is used quite heavily with our own work tools).

After about 30 minutes Win7 pops up the message attached and the system event logs shows

'Faulting application name: lilypond-windows.exe, version: 2.13.10.1, time stamp: 0x4b3db2ca Faulting module name: libguile-17.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b3db2ca
Exception code: 0xc00000fd'

(note I am using 2.13.10.1 not 2.12.3)

However it maybe that your own system event logs shows a DR watson (or whatever XP did) and that there is a *user.dmp* or user.hdmp (I forget which) file that might be generated from the crash. There is usually something even if it is 'silent'.

I might be able to try with 2.12.10.1 or whatever the lastest 2.12 is, but cannot guarantee when.

I do hope this is useful.

Frédéric Bron wrote:
No crash for me with 2.12.3 on OS X. Maybe you are running out of
memory. Also one hour processing time seems like an awful lot, it took
about 8 minutes here. Swapping to disk perhaps?

Thank you very much for having tried that on your machine. I am very
jalous of your success and the speed of the compilation!
I have changed from a slow disk on which I run it normally (USB) to a
quicker one (7200 rpm) and looked at memory use but it did not go
above 780 Mb and I still have the same silent crash. My machine has
3.7 Gb of memory and 2.6 Gb free so it should not be a lack of memory.
Could somebody try it on another windows machine?

Frédéric

sources: http://dl.free.fr/qANmMbGJN