Re: Different time signatures in different staves and midi.

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Different time signatures in different staves and midi.
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:52:56 +0100

Giovanni Roversi wrote:
> I'm writing a piece in wich the organ and other instruments play in 4/4,
> but a sort of lead synth solo is in 7/8. So, I want to write this
> producing also a midi file. But, in the snippets I found, there's not
> the \midi { } parameter, and if I add it doesn't work. I pasted the
> \layout {...} of the snippets in my file, but doesn't work too.
> How can I do what I want?

Looking at your score and what's written in it I'm not sure what you
want to achieve.  Is the aim to have the top part 7/8 occurring in the
same horizontal space as the organ 4/4 -- i.e. 7 synth 8th-notes in the
same space as 8 organ 8th notes, so the barlines in the different staves
are in the same place -- or to have synth 8th=organ 8th?

I'm confused because you have different tempi marked in your synth and
organ parts.

Attached is a slightly tweaked version of your file (I've just commented
out some options) which seems to produce appropriate layout and midi for
the second case (8th=8th).  Is this what you're looking for?

Best wishes,

    -- Joe