Re: Tuplets with different note lenghts in bagpipe music

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Tuplets with different note lenghts in bagpipe music
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:33:03 -0600

On Mar 12, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Erden Oguz wrote:

Hello,

due to the real rhythmic expression of tuplets as played in Strathspeys in bagpipe music, I am trying to write down tuplets with different note lengths:

\times 2/3 { f16 [e16 c4] }

Unfortunately, the last note, the crotchet is not beamed to the preceeding semiquaver notes. Lilypond states an error, that the stem of the crotchet couldn't fit in the bar (in German, Warnung: Notenhals passt nicht in Balken.

Could please someone give me a hint for a tweak? Thanks for reading.

Do you want the first 16th note alone and the second 16th note attached with a beam to the quarter note? That can't happen because quarter notes are not beamed. From your example, it looks like what you want is a slur rather than a beam. If you want the 16th note slurred to the quarter note, try:

\times 2/3 { f16 e16( c4) }

Hope this helps.