Re: Musica ficta

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: Musica ficta
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

scheme guides I've used (found with a search engine):

scheme tutorial by Catharina Candolin [clearly laid out]
teach yourself scheme in fixnum days [with a good index for finding commands]
schemers.org [the nitty-gritty on syntax and each command]

Once you've digested the syntax, the info in the manual (usually) makes more sense.
David

Yes, I thought that may be the only way to do it since the 'obvious' Lilypond syntax seemed to stall. I have tried to get into Scheme but I have always found it rather opaque, despite having some programming experience, and the information in the manuals doesn't seem to help (me) much. Is there an 'idiot's' guide out there somewhere?