Turning autobeaming off for a stave

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Turning autobeaming off for a stave
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:43:40 -0000

I read from the documentation that the \autoBeamOff command only applies to a voice by default. I have some music where I have most of the notes in the oneVoice voice, but some small bits in the voiceOne and voiceTwo voices (this is done using the <<{notes}\\{notes}>> syntax). I use \autoBeamOff at the start of the music for the staff, and this works fine except where I have a little music in the two voices, which is then beamed. I realise that I could always put an \autoBeamOff command before any of the notes in the braces, but it seems like I would have to do this for every double voice piece. I've tried to use #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * * *) 1 4 'Staff) to try to set it for the Staff context, but can't work out how to.

Could anyone point me, please?

--
Phil Holmes