Re: Major version: LilyPond 2.14.0 released!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Major version: LilyPond 2.14.0 released!
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:11:29 +0100

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 04:15:18PM +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> It seems the real joke is "Release Early, Release Often" in the
> same sentence as lilypond.

Yeah, well, screw you too.  In the past 5 months, we've had an
average of one release every 2 weeks.  Are you seriously
complaining that we should have had more releases than that?

If so, what are you willing to do in order to make the extra
releases make sense?  Are you offering to fix a bug every 2 days,
or add new features at a similar rate?  That would justify having
a release every week.  There's no point making a new release if
we've only fixed a few typos in the docs.

- Graham