Re: \partial after \cadenzaOff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \partial after \cadenzaOff
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:59:30 +0200

Werner wrote:
I got problems with \partial after \cadenzaOff, which is ignored for three of
four voices.
In the DOC i found:

The \partial command is intended to be used only at the beginning of a piece. If
you use it after the beginning, some odd warnings may occur.
I have tried hard over the years to understand what these "odd warnings" or other problems could be. I've never had any problems myself to use \partial in the middle of a piece and I cannot recall any problems reported on the mailing lists either.
It could be good to put there an example like:
if \partial 8*3 doesn't work, try
\set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -3 8)
As far as I can see from the source code, \partial does exactly the same thing as what you propose. If you indeed have an example where you see a difference, please send it to the mailing list.

   /Mats
W.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing