Re: Need clear instructions on adding a coda

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Need clear instructions on adding a coda
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:30:35 -0500

On Apr 14, 2010, at 11:04 PM, dflo404 wrote:

My apologies if this has been covered, but I have been unable to find clear instructions on how to add a coda. I'm still learning Lilypond, so I'm
still trying to understand the breakdown of a lilypond file.

Let me explain what I want exactly: I need a coda symbol to appear directly over the barline between two measures near the end of the piece. Below the end of the piece, I have a new indented system, which is the coda itself. I
need the coda symbol to appear at the beginning of that system.

They have something in the lilypond help files about adding a coda, but I
couldn't understand it, since I'm still learning.

All you need to do is add the glyph (symbol) for the coda. The Lilypond defaults generally position it as you wish, IME. You can just cut and paste the syntax from the PDF version of the manual. The examples show you quite clearly where to place the syntax:

\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" }

Put one of these in both places you want the coda mark to appear.