Re: Fretboard documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fretboard documentation
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:26:02 +0100

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

As far as I can tell, none of those examples use \include
"english.ly".  If you're using that include, then you should have
seen:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/writing-pitches#Note-names-in-other-languages

which includes a big warning about this.  This warning was present in
the 2.12 docs as well.

Unfortunately we cannot handle every instance of people putting
together bits and pieces of information from various sources.  If you
use some piece of input because you saw it on a blog or email, without
reading the appropriate part of the Notation reference, there's little
we can do.

If you have detailed suggestions for a fix, I'm more than willing to
keep on discussing it, but I think the current docs are clear enough
about this issue.

Cheers,
- Graham