OMET: Online Music Editing Tools feedback?

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: OMET: Online Music Editing Tools feedback?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:09:25 -0400

If somebody could have a quick look at
and tell me what they think I'd appreciate it.

Keys and stuff are missing but all that code is ready to upload, as is
code for producing midi 'on-the-fly' and generating lllypond source.
Also I can demo real-time collaborating shortly - user A enters a note
and it also appears on user B's screen, and real-time lilypond
compilation is straighforward, down the road. A secure 'lilypond
rendering farm' is what I have in mind - the webserver communicates
with the lilypond servers etc etc.

What I'd like to know specifically is whether the approach is sound -
being able to treat the screen as if it were a blank sheet of paper
where you can enter notes anywhere and in any order? Before I start
uploading other stuff, is there something I'm overlooking in the basic

Thanks a lot. I think it works across all browsers, though someone
reported problems with FF 3.6.3 on some version of Vista, and IE 6 has
the png bug that I gave up on. Also Google Chrome doesn't properly
handle the turning off of the cursor it seems, at least on my system.