Re: Ties across staves in a PianoStaff

From: u_li
Subject: Re: Ties across staves in a PianoStaff
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:45:24 -0700 (PDT)

While I understand your objections, I have these examples in a score I have
to typeset:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p28505454/des.jpg des.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p28505454/double.jpg double.jpg
They are from an unknown copyist after a score by Webern, and it may well be
decided (by me and others) to respect their setting because after all it is
telling us something.

In the first example I could just use a slur instead of a tie (as long as
I'm only interested in the printed output). But how would I achieve the two
ties in the second example? As I understand it, slurs are drawn only once in
a chord, while I can tie individual notes within a chord.
Do I have to split the chord (f#/b) in two voices to be able to slur them
separately?

Best
Urs