Re: \repeat volta not worked in midi output.

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: \repeat volta not worked in midi output.
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:56:47 +0300

On 2010-05-30 21:43, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
2010/5/30 Oleksandr Gavenko<address@hidden>:

This example:

\score {
  \drums {
    \repeat volta 2 { bd sn bd sn }
  }
  \layout { }
  \midi { }
}

in Cygwin Lilypond \version "2.12.4"
produce correct .pdf but midi file don't
contain repeat of rhythm pattern second time.

I temporary use '\repeat unfold' which work fine.

Hi!

Normal, you have to use \unfoldRepeats .
See NR 3.5.4 Repeats in MIDI
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/repeats-in-midi.html

Thanks for answer!

Unfortunately \unfoldRepeats expand all repeat pattern in .pdf!
So I get correct .midi output but my .pdf
become unreadable because of big repeated patterns.

It is possible conditions or preprocessing
in Lilypond source file to switch between:

\stuff {
  \unfoldRepeats
  {...}
  \midi {}
}

and

\stuff {
  {...}
  \layout { }
}

using 2 stage build (one for correct .midi,
another for nice look .pdf)?

--
Best regards!