Re: Suppress .ps generation

From: Johnny Ferguson
Subject: Re: Suppress .ps generation
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 11:24:35 -0400

On 06/06/2010 11:15 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 08:05:28PM +0530, Disc Magnet wrote:
> From the man page:

        -d, --define-default=SYM[=VAL]
               set Scheme option SYM to VAL  (default:  #t).   Use  -dhelp  for
               help.

How to use this?

That's impressive.  You managed to quote the:
     Use -dhelp for help
part, but you're still asking how to use it.

- Graham

I think he was looking for an answer in the context of his original question. Luckily, Francisco offered:

"The .pdf is created from the .ps, but given that it's an intermediate
file which in general is only useful for that, you can delete it
automatically by the

-ddelete-intermediate-files"

Which is more than I can say for your replies. This is a mailing list for lilypond users. Not scheme-hackers, etc. However, if your intention is to make people feel stupid without helping at all, then keep it up.

You have to admit that the -d option description would be fairly cryptic for a beginner. Even with an example of how to use it, the way it works is not very clear.