[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Editions IN NOMINE
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:12:36 +0200
Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20100411)
I thought one could order "pieces of improvment" (it's been a long time
since I read something on it...). The idea is : I pay for my personnel
need, and the improvment is put back in the community. This question
strikes me because I've just beginning to set up shop as an editor, and
I've planned to pay back part of my (future ;-) ) benefits to Lilypond.
As for last point of Valentin's respose, such models must already exist
: for instance, the Ubuntu project is worldwide, but the French
community is able to receive money on his own
Any idea ?
Valentin Villenave a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
(I wouldn't surely be the ideal person for founding a lilypond
users group), I am willing to spend a fee, say $50 a year, for
supporting the lilypond development. If there are 99 people more
(and I think there are a lot more!), we would have $5000 to pay
someone for improving lilypond.
As I mentioned in the other thread, there are plans to build such an
organization in France, from scratch (another possibility would be to
revive the (Netherlands-based?) LilyPond foundation, but we'd need
more information about it).
The main obstacle, of course, being the international essence of the
project, whereas non-profit organisations, bank accounts, etc. are
usually conceived in a nation-centric perspective.
lilypond-user mailing list
- Re: bounties, Jonathan Wilkes, 2010/06/15
- Re: bounties, Marc Hohl, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Valentin Villenave, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties,
Editions IN NOMINE <=
- Re: bounties, David Stocker, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Christ van Willegen, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Marek Klein, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Editions IN NOMINE, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Xavier Scheuer, 2010/06/17
- Re: bounties, Bernardo Barros, 2010/06/20
- Re: bounties, Jan Nieuwenhuizen, 2010/06/18
- Re: bounties, Joseph Wakeling, 2010/06/20