Re: Inserting a URL into a Header

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Inserting a URL into a Header
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:59:26 +0100

--
Phil Holmes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nigel Horne" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 5:29 PM

On 02/07/10 17:24, Phil Holmes wrote:
Just put the markup as the opus:

\header {
    piece = "My Magnum Octopus"
    opus = \markup {
    \with-url #"http://www.bandsman.co.uk/"; {
        Nigel Horne \italic {
            http://www.bandsman.co.uk

That's great Phil, thanks. I missed the need for the \markup after "opus =" when I tried it.

There's one weird thing that's difficult to explain. It's as though each word "Nigel", "Horne" and the URL each have a separate hyperlink - if you put the mouse in the space between the words you'll find nothing to click.

That's because they're effectively separate strings. You can get rid of the "gap" in your name by putting it in inverted commas. Look up concatenating strings for making the markup part of the same string.