Re: Including an EPS image

From: Nigel Horne
Subject: Re: Including an EPS image
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:49:42 +0100

From: "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden>

2010/7/2 Nigel Horne <address@hidden>:
On 02/07/10 22:20, David Kastrup wrote:

When I try to include an EPS file, for example with the command:

\markup {
        \epsfile #X #20 #"logo.eps"
}

I get this cryptic message:

Preprocessing graphical
objects.../usr/share/lilypond/2.12.3/scm/stencil.scm:377:26: In
procedure list-ref in expression (list-ref bbox 2):
/usr/share/lilypond/2.12.3/scm/stencil.scm:377:26: Wrong type argument
in position 1: #f

What's it mean in plain English?  What have I done wrong?

Used a non-EPS file (likely missing a bounding box comment)?

It's an EPS file, according to file(1):

address@hidden:~$ file logo.eps
logo.eps: DOS EPS Binary File Postscript starts at byte 32 length 3256 TIFF
starts at byte 3288 length 8222
address@hidden:~$

What's a "bounding box comment", and how do I create it?

Comments in PS / EPS are lines that begin with double percent sign.  A
special one is that of the form

%%BoundingBox: llx  lly urx ury

which tells the enclosing rectangle of the image. See

http://www.tailrecursive.org/postscript/eps.html

Here is the line from the file.  Does that help?

%%BoundingBox: 0 0 45 3

-Nigel