Re: parenthesized octave clef

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: parenthesized octave clef
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 22:49:06 +0200

On 04.07.2010, at 22:41, Neil Puttock wrote:

On 4 July 2010 21:02, James Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get a parenthesized "8" on a clef. Here's my best solution, clearly not ideal, but it will do in a pinch. I just have to figure out how to get the 8 right size and slant. I may end up doing away with the cuationary clef so I would only need the one size, but any help on
how to make this look better would be very appreciated.

This is a bit kludgier than you'd expect, since you can't override
OctavateEight #'text (the Clef_engraver sets it, so user override
isn't possible):

\override Staff.OctavateEight #'stencil =
#(lambda (grob)
   (grob-interpret-markup grob
    ;; #:parenthesize also works in 2.13 (though not italic)
    (markup #:concat ("(" #:general-align Y DOWN #:stencil
(ly:text-interface::print grob) ")"))))

Cheers,
Neil

Wow, thanks. Again, you help me with things that involve stuff like "lambda" and "grob".