Re: How to write drone char/note under the key-signature?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: How to write drone char/note under the key-signature?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:54:32 +0100

On 8 July 2010 15:26, Nils Gey <address@hidden> wrote:

> I often work with drone-instruments like bagpipes which need to know how to
> tune their drones. In my handwritten notation I included the Drone indicator
> below the keysig as simple text "A" or "A/E" (without absolute pitch).
>
> It should appear anytime the keysig appears. Key-changes, Start of the Staff
> etc.
>
> How do I do that in Lilypond?

Override the stencil for KeySignature:

\relative c' {
  \once \override Staff.KeySignature #'stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
      (ly:key-signature-interface::print grob)
      Y DOWN
      (grob-interpret-markup grob (markup #:small "A/E"))
       ;; space between keysig and text
      1.5))
  \key a \major
  a1