Re: hspace in cm?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: hspace in cm?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 00:39:21 +0100

On 8 July 2010 22:49, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi dear lily users!
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible, inside a markup, to make a
> horizontal space with a value _in centimeters_ (and not in
> "staff-spaces")?

Yes, using output-scale.

There's an example of its use here (for adding vertical space):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-04/msg00057.html

> Actually, I'd like to make a horizontal space of the value of "indent".
> So it would be even better if we could "get" the value stored in
> "indent" (within the \paper block) and make a hspace of this value
> *automatically*.
>
> Could somebody help me with this?

Here are a few hints to get you started.

You can get the indent from the paper block using ly:output-def-lookup:

(ly:output-def-lookup layout 'indent)

Slot this value in a version of \hspace which takes no arguments (see
the default definition in scm/define-markup-commands.scm for
inspiration).

Remember markups are separated by word-space, so you'll also need to
subtract this from the indent.

Cheers,
Neil