Re: hiding barnumber only when rehearsalmark appears

From: Nick Baskin
Subject: Re: hiding barnumber only when rehearsalmark appears
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:36:16 -0400

I've encountered a similar problem in my scores. My solution has been to create a command "beforeMark = { \once \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = ##(#f #f #f) }" at the beginning of the file, and then call it when I have a mark (i.e. \beforeMark \mark \default). It seems to work well for me.

HTH
Nick

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Akira,

> \once \override Score.BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
> \mark \default
>
> but 2 problems ocurred.
> One is that, because of setting #'transparent, the rehearsalmark is in
> too higher position so that it can avoid barnumber.(barnumber is not
> hid but just transparent.)

That's because you made it transparent.  ;)
Have you tried
   \once \override Score.BarNumber #'stencil = ##f
??

> The other is that, when grace note is used, overrides setting on
> barnumber itself doesn't work, so barnumber won't hide.

Maybe it would if you put a skip grace before the override, so that the timing is synched?

Hope this helps!
Kieren.