Re: Mute notation

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Mute notation
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:32:57 +0200

Hello Brett,

When trying I noticed also it is complicated. Some say Djembe is impossible to notated. But I do not agree with them.

Myself I do not have a very good memory to remember all ritmes. And I am not the only one. I feel it is Djembe notation is not impossible, although hard to do. Some may find their own style of notation, which makes it even harder to comprehend and play ritmes notated by others.

There is a soundfount with Djembe which I bought, which can be played in midi using Piano kind keys. See http://rekkerd.org/rob-weber-releases-djembe-soundfont The sound of this soundfount is good.

It is very easy to make a mistake in the notation, which is very hard to find. By playing the notation in midi using the Djembe soundfount a mistake can be very easy be heard and corrected. If the notation is correct in each detail, it will be more easy be used.

So what I want is, together with others, try to find a Djembe standard notation. Which is very easy to read and played, so just using notes. This part is not complicated and quite far. And which can be easily verified by playing the notation in midi with the real Djembe sounds.

Thanks for you help.

Bernard