How should I use #'glyph-name = ... ?

From: Philipp Zedler
Subject: How should I use #'glyph-name = ... ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:44:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hallo,
this is my first post to the lilypond-list. First thank you for the wonderful
program!

I would like to replace single note heads within chords by special glyphs
(hand-made glyphs which I need for clusters). I think that the most handy way to
do this should be to modify the property glyph-name, but somehow this has no
effect at all.

An alternative is to insert the special glyph as a markup. I don't want to use
that, because it's more complicated and I have difficulties to use it for single
notes in chords.

In the following snippet I try to replace the note head by a clef. The first
attempt works, the other two have no effect. Why?

\version "2.13.28"
%(version 2.10.33 produces the same result)
\layout{ragged-right = ##t}
{
%This has the desired effect:
\once \override NoteHead #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\once \override NoteHead #'text = \markup{ \musicglyph #"clefs.G" }
g'
%This has no effect:
\once \override NoteHead #'glyph-name = #'"clefs.G"
g'
%This neither:
\once \override NoteHead #'glyph-name = #"clefs.G"
g'
}

Thanks for help!
Philipp