Re: Midi output for multiple voices

From: Michael Pozhidaev
Subject: Re: Midi output for multiple voices
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:37:48 +0700

Hello, Joseph!

> Not sure if this will work, but it sounds like you need to set up the
> MIDI generation so that it will have one track per voice rather than
> (the default) by staff.
>
> See the snippet in Section 3.5.1 of the Notation Reference:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Creating-MIDI-files#Creating-MIDI-files

Hm, yes, this problem is now solved, but another has appeared. :))

I am using additional simultaneous music block with midi commands to
adjust some playing parameters, tempo, dynamics, etc. This block is used
only in score with midi output, but absent in score for pdf output to
hide additional commands from paper.

Switching to channels per voice makes additional block with midi
commands useless and now I don't know how to mix proper voice playback
with additional midi commands.

Can I define for \sustainOn, \sustainOff, \tempo, \f, \p,... aliases
which are processed only for midi generation, but are ignored in pdf
processing?

Or maybe there is another way?

Thanks!

--