Re: Soundfonts

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Re: Soundfonts
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:29:36 -0400

2010/7/31 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>:

>   Does anyone have experience with various soundfonts? I think
> Lilypond'smidi is only suitable for GM soundfonts. I just purchased
> Orchestral Collection Bundle from Digital SOund Factory, and found it is
> divided into separated sections. Is anyone familiar with this kind of
> soundfonts?

Yeah, Lilypond really only does GM sounds, and only 16 MIDI channels.
You'll need to put your composition into a real sequencer/DAW (like
Rosegarden, Digital Performer, Logic, etc) to use other sounds. Which
is probably best anyway -- use Lilypond to make your score look good,
and use a sequencer/DAW to make it sound good.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com
it would overturn the world."