Re: Function to add a "-" before finger number

From: Antheo
Subject: Re: Function to add a "-" before finger number
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 06:58:07 -0700 (PDT)

James Bailey-4 wrote:

> I realize it's not exactly what you want, but what about:
> \version "2.12.3"
> shiftTwo=\markup \finger "-2"
> { c''4-\shiftTwo }

Yep not exactly but could be a workaround. I'd like to replace the short "-"
by a middle one like with the character \char ##x2012. I tried this
shiftIV=\markup \finger "\char ##x2012 4"
but that printed the command and not the character.

Any idea how to make the function more generic? I tried

sf = #(define-music-function (parser location finger) ( integer? ) #{
    \mark \markup { \tiny \concat {\char ##x2012 $finger }}
#})

{c''4^\sf#3 d''4^\sf#4}

but it failed.