Re: Include files into one score

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Include files into one score
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:23:29 +0200

Am 04.08.2010 00:11, schrieb pwf100220:

Urs Liska-4 wrote:
Am 03.08.2010 21:11, schrieb pwf100220:

This very much depends on the real content of your files.
If the files "used to stand alone" and you have some sort of
"organization" I suspect you will have variables with the same name in
your included files.
In such a case later definitions just overwrite earlier ones.

To \include a file is the same (for the lilypond parser) as writing the
contents of the included file directly in the main file.

To make it clear have a look at this example:
if you define the variable "music" twice like this:

music = \relative c' {
    c4 d e f g1
}
music = \relative c {
    c2 a d1
}

The first definition is discarded.
If you \include two files which define a variable "music" it will look
like the first file isn't included.

The same goes for variables in \header or \paper blocks.

HTH
Urs

That is precisely my situation!  I'll work around that.  Thanks
Good luck!
Although it is implemented quite straightforward one tends not to see it at once ...
Best
Urs