absolute rest positioning

From: David Bobroff
Subject: absolute rest positioning
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:52:33 +0000

Is there a straightforward way to position rests by using an absolute offset from the center of the staff? I have a measure with cue notes and main instrument rests beneath. The problem arises when I transpose the instrument. The cues need to stay where they are, which is working, but if I position the rests with <note>\rest the rests will be positioned correctly for one transposition but not the other. Should I just use \tag for this?

-David