Dot collides with flag when using magstep

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Dot collides with flag when using magstep
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:21:17 +1000

In guitar scores I usually increase the default stem length to minimise the
amount of manual tweaking needed to prevent fingering indications from being
overlaid by beams (I usually put fingering indications above treble notes and
below bass notes).

If I do this, then in single-staff polyphony, with the treble voice stems
always up, the dot on a dotted B eighth note intersects the flag. For some
reason, it only happens with the note B, and only when I lengthen the stems.

\version "2.13.30"

\relative c' {
        \time 3/4 \stemUp \autoBeamOff
        e8. g8. b8. d8. f8.
        \override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep 1)
        e,8. g8. b8. d8. f8.
}

Nick