Re: Documentation for LilyPond - translation into czech language

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Documentation for LilyPond - translation into czech language
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:23:17 +0200

Pavel Fric <address@hidden> writes:

> I started to work on lilypond-learning-big-page.cs.html - I took the
> English as a template (2.12), and german translation for comparison,
> and began to translate with own tempo. But this approach seems to me
> not perfect, because I only translate and don't change HTML syntax (I
> don't know HTML, creating of web pages etc. at all), so the sidebar
> with table of contents on the left side is always in English.

All of the HTML is autogenerated, so don't worry about it.  What you
actually need to translate are the source files.  Those can be found in
the Lilypond source tree as Documentation/*/*.itely, in your case
Documentation/learning/*.itely.

It might be a good idea to ask on the developer list how and where to
contribute your work, and what is the best way to progress without
losing any of the work you did up to now.

--
David Kastrup