Re: Replies to the list

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Replies to the list
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:32:52 -0500

On Aug 30, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 04:25:04PM -0500, Tim McNamara wrote:
Is there a reason that the reply-to header is not set for the
mailing list?

Just hit "reply to all".

Which ends up sending a useless extra copy to the OP, like you will have gotten with this reply. I get 100 or more e-mails a day like most people and don't need extras in my inbox. And, since the reply- to-sender often gets there before the reply-to-list, I sometimes get back an e-mail meant for the list when the other person hits "reply all" but there's only me to reply to.

Sorry about the poor grammar.  I'm American.  ;-)